Augmenting Workplaces – Ensuring Safety through the Reportable Conduct Scheme
At Augmenting Workplaces, we are dedicated to prioritizing the safety and well-being of children and young people within our organization. As part of our unwavering commitment to providing a secure environment, we adhere to the Victorian Reportable Conduct Scheme, which outlines our responsibilities as an organization and ensures that any concerns or allegations are addressed promptly and responsibly.
The Head of Our Organization:
The Director of Augmenting Workplaces serves as the designated ‘head’ of our organization under the Reportable Conduct Scheme. As the Director, they bear the essential responsibility of ensuring compliance with the scheme’s requirements and facilitating necessary actions when reportable allegations are raised.
Responsibilities of the Director:
As the designated head of Augmenting Workplaces, the Director is responsible for the following key actions under the Reportable Conduct Scheme:
- Responding to Reportable Allegations: The Director is responsible for ensuring that any reportable allegation made against a worker or volunteer within our organization is handled with utmost seriousness and appropriately investigated.
- Reporting to Authorities: In cases where the allegations involve criminal conduct, the Director must report them to the police promptly and efficiently.
- Notifying the Commission: As soon as the Director becomes aware of a reportable allegation made against a worker or volunteer, they are required to promptly notify the Commission within three business days.
- Providing Detailed Information: Within 30 calendar days of becoming aware of an allegation, the Director must provide the Commission with specific detailed information about the allegations and the proposed response.
- Establishing Safeguarding Systems: The Director plays a crucial role in ensuring that Augmenting Workplaces has robust systems in place to prevent reportable conduct from occurring within the organization. These systems should also enable anyone to report a reportable allegation to the Director and report any reportable allegation involving the Director.
Applicability of the Scheme:
The Reportable Conduct Scheme applies to individuals associated with Augmenting Workplaces, including but not limited to:
- Office holders
- Ministers of religion
- Officers of a religious body
- Foster and kinship carers in a formal care arrangement
At Augmenting Workplaces, we stand firm in our commitment to safeguarding children and young people under our care. We maintain constant vigilance in adhering to the Reportable Conduct Scheme’s requirements and ensuring that all necessary measures are taken to protect the well-being of those we serve. We encourage an environment of open communication to address any concerns effectively and swiftly.
For more information or to report any concern or allegation, please reach out to the Commission for Children and Young People using the designated channels provided on their website. https://ccyp.vic.gov.au/resources/reportable-conduct-scheme/